CORONA is not a laughing matter – The lighter side – 15
Today, April 20, was the first day of graded relaxations given in the lockdown in some areas. The results will appear on the ground in due course. Let us hope for the best. At the same time, situation in some districts/pockets remained grim. It is a matter of concern. Communal menace and political acrimony surface again and againwhich is not good in the national emergency in fighting the virus and maintain much needed harmony and self discipline. The authorities and the civic society pay little more attention to these aspects of the prevailing situation. PM Narendra Modi who is, obviously, worried has tweeted his concern. We must listen to him.
One of my friends, Pooja Khanna, sent me a couple of days before the positive side in the aftermath of Corona Virus which appears too optimistic but there is no harm in sharing it here.
A few sunny predictions in these gloomy days.
1. By June, India will be the first country to be freed from the clutches of this pandemic.
2. Our Lockdown, hot weather and our higher immunity levels will see us through.
3. We will be the largest exporters of medicines and the world will look to us for regular supplies of BCG vaccines, anti-malarial drugs Hydroxy Chloroquinine etc.
4. Manufacturing facilities will be set up in India, in preference to China, by corporations from all over the world.100 USA n 200 Japanese already leaving fm China India will become the hub for manufacture of every item from mobile phones to pharmaceuticals. The biggest and the best brands will realise that the Indian people are honest, hard-working, talented and reliable and were underrated so far.
5. Unemployment levels will go down.
6.Our Indian cuisine will be appreciated more and more.
7. People will queue up before Indian consulates all over the world and visas for visiting India will be issued after a 3 week gap after testing them. People will come here for tourism, wellness and the sunshine.
8. Our medical facilities will be appreciated for their easy availability, quickness and price efficiency.
9. Ayurveda and Naturopathy will also become very popular. Yoga and Pranayam teachers will be in great demand. Afterall, the best remedy for fibrosis is exercising the lungs.
10. The best Indian brains who have migrated abroad will also be happy to return to their healthy and prosperous home country. Their salaries also will be affordable due increased production-Make in India will be reality.
11. 2020 will be a turning point in the history of the world. From here it will be India all the way.
May sound too optimistic scenario but we will see India shining soon in next few years
On the lighter side, the domestic help (Maids etc) are worried about their job after the lockdown. Pooja Sahni has sent a gem on this:
आज मोहल्ले की बाईयों की ... उच्चस्तरीय बैठक में, चिंता का माहौल था ...मालिक और मालकिन... यदि हमारा काम सीख गये तो, हमारा क्या होगा???
Husbands have their own take on this aspect of the coming scenario:
सीख ली हमने अदा गम में मुस्कुराने की,
उसे क्या मिटायेंगी गर्दिशे जमाने की,
मतलब अब मैंने घर का पूरा काम सीख लिया है।
(खाना बनाने समेत)
I conclude here with Gulzar's poetic gem: