Monday, August 25, 2014

Sukh-Sunehe


Ambassador Bal Anand
Sukh-Sunehe is a collection of personal letters of Ambassador Bal Anand, my senior colleague and friend. I was away on vacation in Stockholm (Sweden). Ambassador Bal Anand came to Jalandhar for a couple of days, along with his wife in the second week of August. In spite of my absence, they very kindly accepted to stay at my humble flat. Rupesh, my son, was around to see that they were comfortable. On my return from Stockholm, I found two books, Sukh Sunehe, a collection of letters and Collection of poetry of Nida Fazali,  thoughtfully left  by Ambassador Bal Anand for me. I fully appreciate the gesture. Ambassador Bal Anand has been kind and considerate to me. We are touch with each other almost on daily basis through exchange of messages on E-mail on matters of mutual interest. The credit of this goes to Ambassador Sahib as he is really good at maintaining contacts with friends. It is a matter of co-incident that we both are the alumni of DAV College, Jalandhar.

I have read Sukh-Sunehe with interest. It is yet another co-incident that Foreword of the book is dated August 15, 2013 and it was gifted to me on August 15, 2014, Independence Day of India. I am impressed by the sense of history of Ambassador Bal Anand.  He carefully kept and preserved the letters he exchanged not only with the family but also with his close friends and associates. The book has also established his good credentials as a literary person, besides a fine career diplomat.

In one of the letters, Prof. Pritam Singh has suggested that Ambassador Bal Anand should write his memoirs and name it as “Ghat Ghat De Pani”. I fully endorse the suggestion and wish Ambassador Bal Anand al the best.

 

1 comment: