Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Honoured to be Associated with Dr. Ambedkar Foundation

 

Honoured to be Associated with Dr. Ambedkar Foundation 

It is a matter of satisfaction for me that Chairman of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation and Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Hon'ble Virendra Kumar of the Government India has nominated me as Member of the General Body of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation on October 26, 2023 for three years. Dr. Ambedkar Foundation was


established by the Government of India on March 24, 1992.  The main objective of the Foundation is to carry out the programmes and activities for furthering of Dr.Ambedkar's ideology and spread his message of social justice to the masses not only in Bharat but also abroad. ‘The Foundation has been entrusted with the responsibility of managing, administering and carrying on the important and long-term schemes and programmes identified during the Centenary Celebrations of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar‘ as stated in the official website of the Foundation. With a view to educate myself so that I am able to contribute my humble bit to the functioning of the esteemed Foundation, I would find out and study more details in the process as a humble Ambedkarite. Babasaheb Ambedkar is one of the greatest sons of Bharat. His thought and legacy is very potent and relevant to address the challenges of polity and society to make India that is Bharat a developed country by 2047 as visualized by PM Narendra Modi with the agenda – Sab Ka Vikas, Sab Ka Sath, Sab Ka Biswash and Sab Ka Pryas. I think it is the right approach in accordance with the provisions of the constitution of India and also the lofty ideals of culture and tradition of an inclusive society maintaining the existing edifice of ‘unity in diversity’.

I will utilize my association with Dr. Ambedkar Foundation to carry forward the 'Caravan' of Babasaheb Ambedkar and vigorously pursue the proposal on April 14, birthday of Babasaheb Ambedkar, to be declared as International Day of Equality which is resting with the GOI since June, 2015. I am confident that I will convince my colleagues at the General Body of the Foundation to support the proposal and urge the Foundation to take up the matter with PM Narendra Modi and EAM Dr. Jaishankar to honour one of the greatest sons of India, Babasaheb Ambedkar. It is a befitting initiative not only to carry forward the agenda of ‘social empowerment’ of ‘We the people of India’ but also for the entire world under the aegis of the UN to add yet another feather in the ‘Soft and Cultural Diplomacy’ of India keeping in line with October 2, birthday of Mahatma Gandhi as International Day of Non Violence and International Yoga Day. The current ruling dispensation under the leadership of PM Narendra Modi has already taken many initiatives and did their best to recognize the icon, Babasaheb


Ambedkar namely; Celebrated Ambedkar’s 125th Centenary Celebrations in 2015-16, Established Ambedkar Memorial at Alipur Road in  Delhi, Established Ambedkar International Centre at Janpath, New Delhi, Ambedkar Memorial at London among others. I would do my best as a Member of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation to help and aide Chairman of the Foundation and Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Dr. Virendra Kumar to formulate and execute more such initiatives to realize the dreams of our forefathers to make India a leading power of the world at large as communicated in my letter dated October 27, 2023 to the Director of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, Parveen Kumar Thind which is appended below.

Text of my letter dated October 27, 2023

October 27, 2023

Dear Director Parveen Thind,

With reference to your Office Memorandum dated October 26, 2023
nominating me as Member of the General Body of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, I thank you and  Hon’ble Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment,  Dr. Virendra Kumar for  associating me with the esteemed Dr. Ambedkar Foundation. I look forward to work with you as a humble follower of Babasaheb Ambedkar.

Frankly speaking, I don’t know as to what is expected of me. I am confident that you and the Hon’ble Chairman of the Foundation would advise and guide me in this regard.

While I appreciate the gesture of nominating me, I take the liberty of asking you to share with me, just to satisfy my curiosity, who has shown the magnanimity to suggest and propose my name to be nominated to the position so that I could thank him for the favour. I attach my brief profile for information and perusal.

With regards,

Yours truly

(Ramesh Chander)

Shri Parveen Kumar Thind,

Director -Dr. Ambedkar Foundation

New Delhi

 

Copy to: Chairman of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation and Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, New Delhi

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Now it is time to pursue your demand to declare April 14 as International Equality Day.Congratulations from Sri Guru Ravidas Sabha Kharar 👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Jai Pal Singh Kharar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for honourable achievement 👍,happy to read your articles.You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete