Monday, December 7, 2020

December 6 – Death Anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar

 

December 6 – Death Anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar

December 6 was the death anniversary (1956) which is also known as Parinirvan Diwas in Buddhist parlance. It is a matter of increasing satisfaction, in successive years, Parinirvan Diwas of the greatest son of India, Babasaheb Ambedkar is also observed befittingly as his birth anniversary on April 14. It is enough to guess that how potent and relevant his legacy is not only for India but for the world at large. Both the Indian society and polity consciously ignored Ambedkar primarily due to the fact of “manuwadi mindset”. But it could not be sustained for long – Satya Mev Jayate – Truth Always Trumps. I am reminded of an Urdu couplet:

मुन्करेजात तेरी बहस मुस्सल्लम;

मगर यूँ वह कुछ और नुमाया नज़र आता है !

Rightly so, I remained busy in various functions to pay homage to the great icon of humanity, Babasaheb Ambedkar. The main function to observe the Day in Jalandhar was held at Ambedkar Bhawan, the nerve centre of community activities in the area undertaken by the Ambedkarites, as usual organized by Ambedkar Bhawan Trust in coordination with Ambedkar Mission Society and Punjab Chapter of Samta Sainik Dal. It was a well coordinated and well organized


function held in lawns of the Bhawan on a bright sunny day. The Chief Guest at the function was young and dynamic politician of the community MLA Sushil Rinku who was accompanied by yet another MLA, Rajinder Berry. Dr. Gian Kaul and Dr. Ram Lal Jassi, senior Trustees of Ambedkar Bhawan Trust paid rich and wholesome tributes to Babasaheb and set the ball in motion. Chief Guest Sushil Rinku paying befitting tributes to Dr. Ambedkar made an emotional speech and said if he could not something for the community, there was no point in his joining public life as a true Ambedkarite. He promised to stand with the Trust to do their very best in the further development and progress of the hub of the community affairs – Ambedkar Bhawan. Noticing my presence in the audience as an initiator, he consciously and rightly made a reference to the proposal on April 14, birth anniversary of Babasaheb Ambedkar as International Day of Equality and said that he was confident that these efforts will succeed, sooner than later, in according due space to the greatest son of India. Editor Bheem Patrika, Lahori Ram Balley, a legendary Ambedkarite spoke with conviction, as always, and urged the community and the country to get awakened to meet the challenges

of the near future in terms the lofty ideals and directions stipulated by Babasaheb Ambedkar in the constitution of India and otherwise. Three resolutions were passed by voice vote at the function as a commentary on the prevailing situation in the country – i) Condemning Central Government’s decision to discontinue post matric scholarships to dalit students ii) Supporting ongoing Kisan Andolan and iii) Condemning the so called ‘Love Jihad’ laws.  It was rewarding to be there and listen as a humble tribute to Babasaheb on his Parinivan Diwas.

Babasaheb Ambedkar has been traditionally celebrated and remembered with great sense of gratitude in and around Bootan Mandi in Jalandhar, the epic centre of dalit consciousness for long, even during the life time of the great leader. In the evening, a solemn congregation was held at Satguru Ravidass Dham at Bootan Mandi which was led by Swami Balram Rai Virdi and Presidsent of Shri Guru Ravidass Educational and Charitable Trust, Om Parkash Mahey. After the traditional kirtan, missionary poet Param Dass Heer paid poetic tributes to Babasaheb. It was a matter of great satisfaction that, of late, more and more young girls were
participating in such programmes – Himani and Jyoti and Social Activist Rani Puri made brief speeches followed by a budding missionary song writer and singer Babli Virdi. It was just a coincident that all of them spoke with one voice on the importance and need of  education  in the community as underlined by

Babasaheb and the theme of their presentations was that the dictum ‘Pen is mightier than sword’ as demonstrated by the great icon Ambedkar himself. Social Activist and Trustee Paramjit Mahey spoke with aplomb on the role and contribution of Babasaheb in reforming society and setting the direction of the polity of the country. Finance Secretary of the Trust Amar Nath Ram spoke at length and highlighted the struggle of Babasaheb for the betterment of the society and progress of the country. Prof. Mahesh Chander, as usual, conducted the congregation aptly which was concluded by a Vote of Thanks by President Om Parkash and Adras by Swami Balram Rai Virdi.

 I pay my own homage to Babasaheb for his sterling contribution in instilling confidence in the minds and psyche of downtrodden people as aptly wrote by Charan Dass Nidhadak:

ਜਥੇਬੰਦ ਹੋ ਪੈਰਾਂ ਉਤੇ ਆਪ ਖੜੋਣਾ ਦਸ ਗਿਆ;

ਝੰਡਾ ਚੁੱਕ ਬਗਾਵਤ ਦਾ ਉਹ ਬਾਗੀ ਹੋਣਾ ਦਸ ਗਿਆ

22 comments:

  1. Not a single Function is complete without Sewadars & Workers Who Work Hard For These Functions so Always remember not only speeches pay tributes it's all about Team Work Without The persons who Work Hard at Back are Main Man's Not Specific names Are important

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramesh ji, Tusin tan sache Conscience keeper-te Record Keeper hon
    samaj nuun sahi marg di yyad dilaaon vale..ajj gall karange , ji

    ReplyDelete
  3. pgslot
    This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for fre

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more!
    แทงบอล

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include
    แทงบอลสเต็ป

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    รีวิวufa365

    ReplyDelete
  7. Internet search engine optimization experts apply the modern analytics service, which has a positive affect a website. SEO companies are facing great competition in the SEO field. However, they introduce guaranteed SEO services to manage with the competition.
    รีวิวufa365

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, great blog, but I don’t understand how to add your site in my reader. Can you Help me please?
    แทงบอลสเต็ป

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work.
    บ้านผลบอล

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”.
    เว็บแทงบอลฝากถอนauto

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated เว็บแทงบอลสเต็ปไม่มีขั้นต่ำ

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am often to blogging and that i actually appreciate your posts. This article has truly peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your internet site and keep checking for first time data
    เว็บแทงบอลออโต้

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have raised an important issue..Thanks for sharing..I would like to read more current affairs from this blog..keep posting..
    แทงบาสเว็บไหนดี

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for fre
    บาคาร่าsa-gaming

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.
    แทงบาสออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have raised an important issue..Thanks for sharing..I would like to read more current affairs from this blog..keep posting..
    คาสิโนออนไลน์ฟรีโบนัส/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work.
    lucky-god

    ReplyDelete
  18. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post!
    สล็อตออนไลน์ufabet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. เว็บไฮไลท์บอล

    ReplyDelete
  21. mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. ว็บข่าวฟุตบอลไทย

    ReplyDelete