Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Memories Came Alive – DAV Alumni Meet


Memories Came Alive – DAV Alumni Meet

December 8, incidentally my birthday was the day of the Alumni Meet, 2018 of the DAV College Jalandhar, my alma mater. I was, it was a matter of pride me, hosted as the Guest of Honour at the prestigious day in the centenary year of the college. It is a matter of great satisfaction that I could meet and interact with many high profile and well placed alumni of the esteemed College at the Meet. The memories came alive. The hockey
ground on the main campus of the College where the interactive session was held reminded me of my own Convocation – Graduation Ceremony in 1970 in which I received my university degree from the then CM of Punjab, Justice Gurnam Singh. The guests were hosted, mindfully, on piping hot Sambar Vada and other snacks on the cold evening. Walking leisurely in the campus, we moved to the spacious Auditorium of the College for the cultural interlude of dance and songs – accomplished Kathak performance and Ghazal rendition by the DAV pool of talent. It was good but could have been better. The Alumni Meet was concluded with a sumptuous dinner, as always by the hospitality wing of the College. It was a rewarding day – my first experience of such an event in the lap of my alma mater, DAV College Jalandhar. Thanks to Principal S.K. Arora and Dr. P.K. Sharma, Dean of the Alumni Association and other dedicated members of the faculty.

Postscript:



No comments:

Post a Comment