Friday, September 5, 2014

Teachers Day – September 5





At Shiv Jyoyi Public School
I have been successively writing on the Teachers Day in this blog. I feel like doing so again as it is an important and solemn occasion to think about ones alma mater and the gurus who contributed a great deal in making ones career and space in life. I am indebted to my teachers right from the primary school at my native place Bootan Mandi, high school in Basti Nau and DAV college in Jalandhar.  Over the years I have felt that every thinking person somehow relate himself or herself to his/her school or college and feel like retaining that association.


My teachers Prof. K.C. Mahendru and Prof. K.K. Ghai
Teachers Day at Jalandhar School of Careers & Opportunities
I have been fortunate to have good connection with my teachers in DAV college particularly after my retirement from IFS. One of them was Prof. K.C. Mahendru who passed away last year. He was not only a sterling teacher of Political Science bt also an able educational administrator. Prof. Mahendru was a gentleman to the core. He invited me his school as the Chief Guest at the annual day of the school. He introduced me to Shiv Jyoti Public school, a leading school in Jalandhar. Shiv Jyoti school invited me as the Guest of Honour at their annual function. In the process of social interaction, I met and revived the memories of my college days with Prof. K.K. Ghai, a known authority on Political Science in the educational circles in Jalandhar.  As my post retirement activities, I engaged myself in the education sector. I visited and spoke, during the last three years at a number of educational institutions  like Babasaheb Ambedkar School at Dhanal, my ancestral village, Shiv Jyoti Public School, HMV College, Mehr Chand Polytechnic college, Sant Baba Bhag Singh Educational Complex etc. I have started a small educational institute named Jalandhar School of Careers and Opportunities to impart cost effective education to the weaker sections of the society. I interact with our compact teaching faculty at the school comprising of Priya Chander for Biology, Ruhi Khambra for Physics, Lovisha Punj for Chemistry, Amanpreet Singh for Mathematics, Lovely Bhola for Commerce, Neeraj Paul and Rupesh Chander for English and Computers. The management of Sant Baba Bhag singh Educational Complex is kind enough to take me on their Board of Governors. I enjoy these educational related activities. We celebrated the Teachers Day on Septemer 3 at Jalandhar School of Careers and Opportunities on the birthday of one of the teachers, Priya Chander.

PM Narender Modi is speaking to the students directly this year. It is a good idea. There is a mindless controversy on this issue. If the PM of the country cannot speak to the students of his own country, what should he do. Let us not belittle the importance of the Teachers Day. I take this opportunity to greet the teachers and students of India and remember my own teachers and alma mater.

गुरु गोबिंद दोनों खड़े, किस के लागूं पाएं;
बलिहारी गुरु अपनों जिस दर्शन दिए दिखाए !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment