Thursday, November 14, 2013

Jewels of Bootan Mandi



I have been writing about the contemporary dalit heroes and my fellow BootanMandians in my Blog. Today I write about yet another hero and my fellow BootanMandian, Pawan Kumar.

Pawan is a young man who has cleared and qualified the PCS competitive examination of this year with flying colours. While I congratulate him and his family on this great success, I feel proud that I know them well. Pawan’s father Keshwa Nand is my Hum-Umar and school mate. It is all the more satisfying to add that Pawan’s elder brother, Sunil Kumar, is already a PCS officer. I understand that Sunil has been posted as ETO after the requisite training. I am confident that he will prove himself to be a good and competent officer. It was my pleasure to honour him at the Bootan Mandi Budh Vihar last year at a solemn function. Pawan has provided yet another opportunity to do so. The whole community shall be proud of them. Both Sunil and Pawan have proved that hard work and dedication can make one achieve ones goals, in spite of all odds and an ordinary family background. They have become the real icons for the younger generation.

I have had the honour to briefly interact with Pawan and his elder brother Brijesh Kumar early this year when I launched my new venture, Jalandhar School of Careers and Opportunities.  We were engaged in the process of selecting and recruiting the teaching faculty for the School. On advice of my brother in law Prof. Balbir Chander and friend Ram Lal Kainth, I consulted Brijesh and Pawan who are qualified and highly placed teachers by their own right. Both of them were fully supportive and cooperative. In fact, Pawan was so good that when we could not find a suitable teacher of Math in the beginning, he offered unconditional help and took the classes himself for a few days, till we engaged a teacher. I found Pawan and Brijesh humble but upright. 

I once again congratulate them and wish them further success and prosperity in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment