Thursday, April 2, 2020

CORONA is not a laughing matter – The lighter side – 3


CORONA is not a laughing matter – The lighter side – 3

The lighter side of the Corona virus has been received well, if I go by the feed back of my readers. Let me reiterate that the idea is not to lessen or undermine the gravity of the issue but to divert our


attention to the fact that we are to fight the menace with grit but laughingly. Otherwise situation could be as admitted by a hapless husband in a European country, "It's been almost a week I and wife are working from home due to corona virus situation. I think we will kill each other before the virus does!"

The situation remains grim but under control in India. The number of positive cases have doubled in 5 days and reached about 2000 with about 50 deaths. We need to be careful and alert to ward of the danger of community spread. Governments and authorities are doing their best. We must cooperate with them while sitting at home. There is no other way.

There are reports of exploitation of the situation for momentary gains. I was dismayed to hear DC of Jalandhar Varinder Sharma, an able and dedicated administrator that Artias (Businessmen) of Sabji Mandi have threatened to go on strike on flimsy grounds. Their action would create avoidable problems for the public. I am confident DC Sahib will be able to persuade the businessmen to cooperate and not exploit the situation. Otherwise, they are to be brought to book in the larger interests of the people. There is no dearth of such people. A sample leave application by a shirker would explain:

A perfect Leave Application

Dear HR
I am suffering from corona virus and request you to grant me paid leave for 20 days. Otherwise I will come to office.........

Under the lockdown, people have been advised to work from home. With a view to lighten the situation, the pilot of a flight speaking from the cockpit said, “This is your pilot speaking. I am working from home today.” There was a big laughter.

One of my friend philosopher and guide in Jalandhar, a renowned poet with Takhallus (Nom de plume) – JOSH conveyed his appreciation for my blogs on the lighter side of the Corona Virus and narrated a lighter version of a request to the Pradhan Sewak to act invoking the Corona – 6 Saal Mein Jo Kuch Nahin Kia; Ab to Kuch KARO NA.

Please stay at home. One of friends, Pooja has sent me an advice, a traditional one, emanated from the game of LUDO while sitting at home:

लूडो खेलते खेलते एक सीख मिली आज........
लूडो के खेल का एक नियम है कि जो गोटी घर में है उसे कोई नहीं मार सकता।
आज हमारी ज़िंदगी में भी यही नियम लागू हो रहा है। कृपया घर पर ही सुरक्षित रहें।🙏





No comments:

Post a Comment