Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Glimpses of my short trip to Pune

 

Glimpses of my short trip to Pune

On the invitation of Social Studies Foundation (SSF) of Pune, I visited Pune from August 13-15. It was memorable visit about which I would make a detailed report in due course to share my impressions and reflections on my engagements in Pune, a historic city of the State of Maharashtra. Here I give some of the highlights for the benefit of the readers of the Ambedkar Times as one of the slots in my programme  was the official release of the a special issue of the Unheard Voices a newly launched mouthpiece of the depressed and marginalized sections of the society.

August 13 – Visit to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Museum and Memorial hosted at esteemed Symbiosis Society. It is an important landmark on the map of City of Pune.



August 14 – Release of the special issue of the Unheard Voices “Silent Contributors of Modern India”. It was formally released by a renowned researcher and historian Dr. Anil Baisane I presided over the function as


the Chief Guest and spoke on the theme “Role and Contribution of depressed classes in the freedom struggle and nation building”

August 15 – Independence Day Celebrations at the esteemed temple of learning Gokhale Institute of Political Science an Economics. I garlanded the statue


of Gopal Krishan Gokhale founder of the institute and hoisted the tri-colour at a brief but impressive ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment